- Work outdoors
- Free facility access
- Gap year opportunity – recent school leavers encouraged to apply
About the Company:
Council provides the community with a place where they can meet, play and exercise. Work locally, in a vibrant and diverse community and ensure school students, families, kids and adults enjoy water activities, exercise and a day at the pool safely.
About the Role:
A number of full time positions are available commencing in October and November. You will be working 38 hours per week. The hours vary across three pools including Merrylands, Guildford and Granville at the recently upgraded Granville Centre.
The initial education component of your traineeship will involve successful candidates undertaking their Pool Lifeguard and First Aid qualifications. On completion you will then undertake the remainder of your education through our Training Centre. Upon successful completion you will receive a Certificate III in Sport and Recreation.
Lifeguards are responsible for the day to day organisation of each site, focusing on ensuring patrons enjoy a safe visit.
- Supervise swimmers
- Pool administration
- Pool maintenance
- Customer Service
Skills and Experience:
- Applicants must have provisional or full driver licence and own car
- Excellent communication skills
- Confident swimmer
- Ability to work mornings, evenings and weekends – shift penalties are paid
- Ability to work independently and within a team
- Current First Aid (Level 2) & Current CPR Certificate highly desired
- Willing to obtain National Police Check, Working with Children Check
- No Training costs
- Complete your qualification while working full-time
- Paid to complete your studies on the job
- Mentored by industry professionals
- Nationally recognised qualification
- Work in a fun, outdoor and growing industry
Established in 1994 Australian Training Company has provided employment and training for more than 20,000 apprentices, trainees and students nationally. ATC is an accredited Group Training Organisation (GTO) and a Registered Training Organisation (RTO).
How to Apply:
If you are interested in applying and can commit to a full time Australian Apprenticeship, apply now. Phone Kathleen on 0407 414 659 to fast track your application or send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
|Job Category||Sport and Recreation|
|Suburb||Merrylands, Guildford and Granville|
|Vacancy||Certificate III Sport & Recreation|
|No. of positions||6|
|Hours per week||38|
|Transport||Own vehicle required|
|Skills required||Must have full or provisional driver licence|