Parks and Gardens apprentices maintain and care for all aspects of garden and lawn maintenance including residential, local parks, recreational areas and commercial premises. Shaping branches, treating trees with fertilisers and insecticides, install irrigation, use various machinery and advising on general tree and garden care. Females welcome to apply.
Certificate III Horticulture Parks and Gardens
Mature applicants welcome – 4 Year apprenticeship on the job including 2.5 years at TAFE
- No experience required
- All training is completed on the job including 1 day per week at TAFE
- TAFE is a paid work day and no fees!
If you enjoy your botany, plants and trees this is a great career path, start asap.
Duties and Training include:
- Mowing both ride on and push mowers
- Control weeds, plant pests, diseases and disorders
- Identifying soils and plants
- Pruning plants and trees
- Irrigation systems
- Full time employment – no training costs
- Nationally recognized qualification
- On completion – start your own business
Skills and Requirements:
- Drivers licence (not ‘L’s) and own transport
- White card
- Good communication skills and presentation
About our Host Employers:
North Western Sydney/Hills: A unique business specialising in acreage and high end properties in the Dural, Windsor and hills district. Attention to detail, fit for heavy lifting. Most work is residential with a small amount of commercial. Monday – Friday 7am – 3.30pm some 6am starts, overtime available and some Saturdays (flexible).
How to Apply:
If you are interested in applying and can commit to a full time Australian Apprenticeship, apply now and send your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
To fast track your application phone Kerry on 0438 984214 to discuss
|Job Category||Horticulture – Parks and Gardens|
|Suburb||North Western Sydney/Hills|
|Vacancy||Certificate III Horticulture (Parks & Gardens)|
|No. of positions||1|
|Hours per week||38|
|Transport||Drivers licence (not ‘L’s) and own transport required|
|Skills required||White card required|