Parks and Gardens apprentices maintain and care for all aspects of garden and lawn maintenance including residential, local parks, recreational areas and commercial premises. Shaping branches, treating trees with fertilisers and insecticides, install irrigation, use various machinery and advising on general tree care.
Certificate III Horticulture Parks and Gardens
Mature applicants welcome – 4 Year apprenticeship on the job including 2.5 years at TAFE
- No experience required
- All training is completed on the job including 1 day per week at TAFE
- TAFE is a paid work day and no fees!
If you enjoy your botany, plants and trees this is a great career path.
Duties and Training include:
- Mowing both ride on and push mowers
- Control weeds, plant pests, diseases and disorders
- Identifying soils and plants
- Pruning plants and trees
- Irrigation system
- Full time employment – no training costs
- Nationally recognized qualification
- On completion – start your own business
Skills and Requirements:
- Drivers licence (not ‘L’s) and own transport
- White card
- Good communication skills and presentation
About our Host Employer:
Lindfield: Our host has been operating for over 35 years, mostly in commercial work and hosting apprentices with ATC for over 12 years. Employing over 60 staff including landscape construction apprentices they have won many awards for their outstanding work.
How to Apply:
If you are interested in applying and can commit to a full time Australian Apprenticeship, apply now and send your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
To fast track your application phone Kerry on 0438 984214 to discuss
|Job Category||Horticulture – Parks and Gardens|
|Vacancy||Certificate III Horticulture (Parks & Gardens)|
|No. of positions||1|
|Hours per week||38 Hours|
|Transport||Drivers licence (not ‘L’s) and own transport required|
|Skills required||Whitecard required|