Heavy Vehicle Mechanical Apprenticeship – Huntingwood
Australian Training Company has an exciting opportunity available for someone either wanting to start their trade or continue their trade. This position is available for anyone from a motivated new starter to a current 3rd year Heavy Vehicle Mechanic Apprentice.
Join a large family owned business with over 100 vehicles in the fleet. As part of the apprenticeship, you will complete a qualification in Automotive – Heavy Commercial Vehicle Technology Certificate III.
Repair, maintain, service transmission, steering and braking systems
Fault finding and resolving mechanical issues (repairs, removals, installations)
Troubleshoot braking systems, steering and cooling systems
Maintenance of equipment including brakes and suspension
Assemble, fit, clean and lubricate machined parts using a range of tools and equipment
Follow directions from tradesmen.
- passionate about vehicles, mechanics and/or the motor industry
- have completed and passed Maths and English at Grade 10 or above
- keen to learn, enthusiastic and can work in a productive team environment.
- have a drivers licence preferably
In return we can offer you
- excellent on the job training and support with a great team
- a regular 38 hour week with overtime available
- a variety of work
- Available preferably for afternoon shift (penalty pay rates apply)
Applicants must be willing to commit to undertaking an apprenticeship. This includes participation in both practical training and completion of theory based study components of TAFE.
Prior to employment you will be required to complete an aptitude test.
To apply email resume to email@example.com or phone Raina 0418 280 645.
|Vacancy||Certificate III Heavy Vehicle Mechanics|
|No. of positions||1|
|Hours per week||38 Hours|
|Transport||Driver licence preferred|