Interested in working in an outside environment? Then Australian Training Company have the perfect opportunity to kick-start your career in Horticulture. We are looking for the right person to enter into a Certificate II Horticulture Traineeship working in an Educational Facility based in South Brisbane
The role will entail supporting the Groundsman with the preparation and maintenance of playing fields and ovals, including the maintenance of machinery and equipment. Other duties entail:
- Assist with general grounds improvements including garden bed maintenance, rubbish collection, irrigation, landscaping tasks.
- Grass cutting and maintenance (using walk-behind and ride-on mowers, edges, leaf blower and brush cutter).
- Assist with machine and equipment maintenance, including greasing, tightening blades, and decanting fuel.
- General maintenance, including painting, handyman work, removing fallen tree branches, fence maintenance, digging holes, fixing irrigation heads.
- Line marking of fields (for Football, Rugby and Cricket).
- General maintenance and cleaning of storage sheds.
- Assisting with stocktake.
- General tidying clean-up and rubbish removal.
- Other duties as directed.
This position is 38 hours per week, Monday to Friday with the occasional weekend work available. The successful applicants must be reliable, enthusiastic and have a willingness to learn. They need to possess great interpersonal skills, and be able to show initiative whilst working in a team environment. They must have a willingness to learn and be able to take direction. Applicants must have a current White Card (Construction Card) and be eligible for a Working with Children Check. A demonstrated interest in Horticulture is also desirable.
The successful applicant must be available for immediate start. Recent school leavers are encouraged to apply, with relevant training provided. Successful applicants’ will be paid under the National Training Wage Award.
Those with qualifications of Certificate III or above (including university graduates) need not apply.
Please email Resume and Cover Letter to Karen Simpson – email@example.com
|Vacancy||Certificate II South Brisbane|
|No. of positions||1|
|Hours per week||38 Hours|
|Skills required||Whitecard required|