Australian Training Company is looking for an Engineering (Fitter & Turning) or Engineering Fabrication Apprentice. The successful applicant will work with an organisation based in Mansfield and assist with the design and manufacturing of Bull bars and Nudge Bars for the automotive industry.
We are seeking an innovative person who is keen and enthusiastic to join the team of which is a diverse multicultural workforce. Staff are given the opportunity to experience all areas, which will enable them to become multiskilled.
Working in this position include:
- Helping in the design and development of new products.
- Helping and learning about Maintenance of in-house machinery, tools and equipment.
- Quality and accuracy of checking new product. (We abide by ISO9001 quality rules)
- Helping in the Construction of jigs and tooling for new bars going into production.
- Assistance in all production activities, which might include welding, metal working, metal cutting, polishing, or using a moulding machine.
- Being or becoming proficient in MIG and TIG welding of Alloy and Steel
The following Skills and Experience would be highly regarded:
- Boilermaker, Fitter and Turner or Fabrication skills and experience
- Welding and Jigging Experience.
- Ability to weld Alloy – highly regarded.
- Interest in Design.
You will have:
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Experience in the use of hand tools, or willingness to learn
- Pride in the quality of your work
- Willingness to carry out any work requested.
Working hours are 38 hours per week (6am till 2pm) Monday to Friday.
Car and license preferred although Public Transport is available.
Interested applicants please email your resume including a cover letter to Karen Simpson – firstname.lastname@example.org
|Vacancy||Certificate III Engineering|
|No. of positions||1|
|Hours per week||Full Time (38 Hours)|
|Age, School level required||Year 12 Completion|
|Transport||Own vehicle and licence required|