Are you passionate about baking cakes & slices? Come and join a fast growing company in Warriewood with an enthusiastic small team. This busy high volume production environment is looking for two apprentices who can work in a fast paced environment, handle multiple tasks at once and work under pressure. You will be required to attend Ultimo or Ryde TAFE one day per week for 3 years whilst completing a 4 year apprenticeship learning alongside some talented Cake & Pastry Chefs. Some of the tasks that will be performed (and not limited to) are:
- check the quality of raw materials and weigh ingredients
- mix dough and batters by hand or machine, then place in tins or trays
- load tins or trays into ovens, keeping an eye on the oven temperatures and the appearance of the cake or pastry
- unload ovens when goods are baked, take products out of trays and put aside to cool
- glaze or decorate cakes and pastries
- order baking supplies from wholesalers
- operate slicing and wrapping machines
- wash and clean work areas and machinery to ensure a high level of safe food handling practices
Previous relevant work experience will be highly regarded. If you have a portfolio/photos of cakes, biscuits or pastries you have made email application to email@example.com.
Those applicants living in close proximity to Newport/Warriewood and with own transport is desirable. Day shift is 7am-3pm. Apprentice Wages will apply under Hospitality Industry (General) Award – Commercial Cookery/Pastry Chef.
|Job Category||Retail Baking|
|Vacancy||Certificate III Retail Baking|
|No. of positions||2|
|Hours per week||38 Hours|